Wednesday, December 3, 2014
Yesterday I gave an overview of how Facebook is changing their marketing platform and how it will effect small to medium busninesses. Yes, I know some of you are probably ready to choke me for cutting yesterdays article short and not revealing the "how to," so without further a-do, here are you "how to's" when it comes to turning your Facebook marketing lemons into lemonade!
So how should you position your sales team in order to turn Facebook lemons into lemonade?
- Diversify your content plan. Help your accounts go big with fresh content. Facebook changes of this magnitude were bound to happen sooner or later. Things that are free and good at some point either stop being free or no longer are good. Facebook chose the former.
- Commit to the content. You will do well publishing varied, two-way communication. Think of your content plan as you would your relationships. Be real, be sincere, and be helpful.
- Remember, you’re the expert. Illustrate your agency customers’ professionalism. Chances are, your account is best doing what he or she does. Make that shine through their content
- Unleash the power of community. Leverage content to evangelize your connection to the local community. Remind your audience of the value of giving back. First, lead by example.
- Use promotions, offers, and sales. Announce and remind your audiences of the value of being your customer. One-day sales and Internet-only specials are examples of powerful “give back” tools. Everyone loves a deal.
Is there life after the news feed?
Without question. The silver lining has shown us what happens when we rely too heavily on any one channel or audience. Facebook is running its business. Your customers are running a business, too. It’s our job to help our customers communicate and market their business, so they can do what they do best.
We can’t control what Facebook does next. Now is the time to take control of your customers’ content and audiences with the five steps above. Content marketing will position your account as the expert, show they’re connected to the community, and help their promotions get above the noise.
For a full and more in-depth description of each point, click HERE!